Today I am happy to have Elsewine Rietveld with me. Elsewine is a Presence teacher and trainer and kinesiologist from the Netherlands. She teaches entrepreneurs and professionals how to feel confident and make big impacts with their messages in all their conversations, presentations and on video. She teaches a unique set of practical tools that helps them own their inner power and speak in a way which is authentic and charismatic.
Our conversation today covers her childhood experience on debate teams, how she discovered the Presence method, and the difference it has made for her as an entrepreneur and in her relationship. She also shares her tips for making impactful videos, being a better networker and how to get to the bottom of your blocks through the basics of kinesiology.
Tips from Elsewine
1. Eye contact on camera
- Try to look into the camera, instead of looking down or above and beyond.
- Imagine there is someone in the camera eye, with the qualities of your ideal client avatar.
- Trust you are the expert on the topic!
- Be present and listen more, feel your feet on the floor. Other people love talking about themselves.
- Try not to have an agenda.
- If you feel a judgement, ideal or a solution coming up, let it go.
3. Limiting beliefs
- Voices from the past, can influence you negatively throughout your life.
- Write down the limiting beliefs that you have and you will start to see what lies underneath
- If you think about each statement, it will likely trigger a memory and you can see where it comes from.
- Start to tweak them gently to the positive.
- “A debate is not your personal opinion, it’s still safe, it’s not you standing there, speaking there.” – Elsewine
- “It’s very important to know the technical part [of video], but the most important part is to know how can you be you on camera and look back and think ‘Ooh, I like her!’” – Elsewine
- “It’s about coming across through the camera and having your presence truly meet them.” – Elsewine
- “If you feel really anxious about video, I wouldn’t recommend starting with live platforms like Periscope or Facebook Live.” – Elsewine
- “It’s about really regaining your feminine power, and if you are in your own zone of genius in that way, people will listen.” – Elsewine
Connect with Elsewine at www.elsewine.com.
Remember you can highlight and text in this post and share it, give it a try!
Elsewine is a Presence teacher and trainer and kinesiologist from the Netherlands. She teaches entrepreneurs and professionals how to feel confident and make big impacts with their messages in all their conversations, presentations and on video. She teaches a unique set of practical tools that helps them own their inner power and speak in a way which is authentic and charismatic.
Years ago, when she was a student, she was afraid to speak in front of more than two or three people at a time. So she decided to join a debate club, where she learned how to make a good speech, be convincing in her arguments and stand in front of an audience. She participated in various tournaments, nationally and internationally, and won a few prizes.
Once she even won a big tournament final, speaking in front of an audience of 150 people together with her debate partner (who coincidentally ended up being her life partner!). All of that has taught her a lot, but what she noticed was that there is a huge difference between defending a side in a debate (regardless of what you think about the topic) and telling your personal story or talking about your message to an audience of people you’d like to impress.
That’s where kinesiology and the Presence method made all the difference for her! With muscle testing (kinesiology), she learned the source of her blocks and how to overcome them. Through the Presence practices she now teaches in her trainings she learned how she could be authentic, confident and magnetic while speaking. This has really changed her life and she loves teaching this process and helping others become charismatic speakers.