Do you know if your house is supporting you? Just like every organ has a function in the human body, the same applies to your house. Every part of your house has an energy and a purpose. Today on Financial Fluency, we have Patricia Lohan, Feng Shui expert, and serial entrepreneur. In this chat, Patricia talks to us about feng shui and how you can energize your space for success in your business, your productivity, and your mental health.
Patricia comes from a family of entrepreneurs, and notes she moved around a lot growing up. (She recalls moving 20 times throughout childhood!) It was during this period she got into feng shui. Her parents would get a bigger house, and they’d completely redecorate it—Patricia would then look up books on interior design and feng shui. She had an epiphany when she saw the different houses—she noticed all houses have different energies: some are good for the money, some are bad for people, some are good for people, and vice versa. Every house has a different challenge, and every house has its specific energy.
Patricia studied business in college, and she ran the family business for seven years. During this time, she realized she was fulfilling someone else’s dream, not her own. At age 24, she was managing 30-person staff. She was burnt out. This was a turning point in her career, and she decided to travel to India and train in yoga. After returning to Ireland, she met her husband. Patricia believes her journey to her fulfillment (regarding her career) linked her to finding true love with her husband, Ken.
Patricia has seen the power of the mind concerning one’s surroundings, inner healing, and the miraculous transitions that can occur when all three align to perform together in harmony. She states: “We don’t realize how our houses have an impact on our lives and business.”
Three Levels of Feng Shui from Patricia
- First level is feng shui, declutter, and clear out. You can add some things in like lucky bamboo, a jade plant, or ferns—something that’s soft enough, nothing spiky.
- Second level is finding out what every area of your home represents, and then add practical things to those areas that’ll provide prosperity. You’ll become more aware of your house.
- Third level is understand the relationship between you, your areas, and the house. There are nine areas of your house, when you harmonize the elements, you’ll become mindful of the areas.
Pearls of Wisdom from Patricia
- Feng shui is acupuncture for your home; it’s getting the chi flowing.
- If you treated your home like your best friend, you would treat it with respect.
- You wouldn’t give your best friend junk food or a broken gift, the same applies to your home.
- It’s about creating a positive relationship with your home—and when you do—it will support you.
To find out more about Patricia Lohan and the art of Feng shui, visit her website: http://patricialohan.com/.
Or connect with her on social media:
Facebook Group Dream Life & Biz Creators: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DreamLifeCreators/
Remember you can highlight to share any text on this page, give it a whirl!
Free 3-part feng shui training video series opening on May 24 for two weeks: www.fengshui.patricialohan.com
Patricia Lohan helps female entrepreneurs accelerate success through creating powerful environments. She shows you what they don’t teach in business school, what lies between the lines, your top secret tool for success. She is a Feng Shui expert, a healer, and passionate female entrepreneur who has shaped her dream life living in Bali with her husband.
She is has seen first hand the power of the mind, surroundings and inner healing, clearing and aligning everything so it works holistically. An incredibly spiritual person but also highly practical too. She loves entrepreneurship and has 15 years of experience running and growing three successful start ups of her own.